Oracle NetSuite Sync Error: Value for location/department/class was either blank or invalid
Why the Sync Error occurs
This error occurs when a payment or fund transfer cannot sync to Oracle NetSuite because Make Locations (or Departments or Classes) Mandatory is enabled in Oracle NetSuite. Key CashFlow doesn't allow for these classifications on payments or funds transfers.
How to Fix the Sync Error
Disable the Make Locations (or Departments or Classes) Mandatory setting in Oracle NetSuite. There are 2 options to disable:
Disable the setting for the specific transaction type:
- Customization > Forms > Transaction Forms
- Locate the form for the transaction type with the error.
- Make sure location, department, and class aren't mandatory fields.
Disable the setting for all records and transactions
- Set up > Accounting > Accounting Preferences
- Uncheck Make Locations (or Departments or Classes) Mandatory.
If you can't disable this setting, manually enter the transaction in Oracle NetSuite. Then in Key CashFlow:
- Select Fix or Resolve on the sync error.
- Select I've updated this sentpay in NetSuite; remove this error and sync future updates.
- Select Confirm/Next to clear the error.
Disable the Multi-Location Inventory setting in Oracle Netsuite:
- Setup > Company > Enable Features > Items & Inventory
- Uncheck the box for Multi-Location Inventory
If you can't disable this setting, manually enter the bill in Oracle NetSuite then sync to bring the bill into Key CashFlow.