Sage Intacct: Purchase Order sync: Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Using Purchase Orders in Sage Intacct? Try out our Purchase Order sync feature!
You'll still continue to create and manage Purchase Orders (PO) in Sage Intacct, but now you can sync them through to Key CashFlow and link or match them to bills. We'll automatically pre-fill certain items from the PO using artificial intelligence.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a charge?
- Is there anything else I need to setup in Sage Intacct?
- How many POs will be synced over?
- What type of POs are synced in from Sage Intacct?
- Are International currency POs supported?
- Will GL account updates on Bills linked to POs in Key CashFlow sync back to Sage Intacct?
- Do you support conversions of POs to PO Receiver workflow?
- Can I link multiple bills to one PO?
- Can I unlink a bill from a PO?
- Is Smart Data available for bills linked to POs?
- Does Key CashFlow support creating, deleting, editing or approving POs?
- Do you plan on making this feature available for other accounting softwares?
- Can I disable the Purchase Order feature?
Is there a charge?
- There is no charge for the PO feature presently.
Is there anything else I need to setup in Sage Intacct?
- Please follow the instructions here to add/update the customization package that will enable all PO status updates in Sage Intacct to sync over to Key CashFlow. Sync will still work without this customization, but it won't capture a few of the PO status fields.
How many POs will be synced over?
- By default, we sync in open POs you created in the last three months from your accounting software to Key CashFlow. If you want to sync even earlier POs to Key CashFlow, make an update to the PO in question (Edit & Save) and sync again. If you have a large list of older PO's, please contact our customer success team and we will assist you.
What type of POs are synced in from Sage Intacct?
- With Sage Intacct, we sync in POs that are "pending", “in-progress”, or "partially converted". We don't sync in POs that are already “converted” or “closed”.
Are International currency POs supported?
- This feature is for POs in USD only.
Will GL account updates on bills linked to POs in Key CashFlow sync back to Sage Intacct?
- Due to the Sage Intacct configuration, any changes you make on GL accounts when you create or edit a bill that is linked to a PO will not sync back to Sage Intacct. If you do make changes on GL accounts in Key CashFlow, make sure you update the relevant items on the Vendor Invoice in Sage Intacct as well for data consistency. We will provide an alert notification as a reminder.
Do you support conversions of POs to PO Receiver workflow?
- PO Receiver used for purchasing inventory is not supported currently. If you convert a PO to a PO Receiver prior to a Vendor Invoice, when the bill syncs into Key CashFlow, it will not be linked to the PO. Although you can still link the PO manually, any edits in either system will not sync due to the PO Receiver. Edits will need to be made manually in both systems.
Can I link multiple bills to one PO?
- Yes, you can link multiple bills to one PO
Can I unlink a bill from a PO?
- After a bill has an associated PO and has synced between Sage Intacct and Key CashFlow, you will be unable to unlink them. This is because the accounting system should be the system of record. If you need to unlink a PO from a bill, the bill will need to be deleted and a new bill created to link to the correct PO.
Is Smart Data available for bills linked to POs?
- Smart Data is not available on bills linked to POs, to prevent items from previous POs from auto populating in bills
- Smart Data is available for bills that are not linked to POs
Does Key CashFlow support creating, deleting, editing or approving POs?
- Not currently. We are exploring additional ways to serve the needs of our customers.
Do you plan on making this feature available for other accounting softwares?
- We are always assessing our accounting software integrations for enhancements.
Can I disable the Purchase Order feature?
If you currently have PO sync enabled and no longer want to use the feature, an administrator user can disable it under settings.