Oracle NetSuite: How bill payments sync
If you sync with Oracle NetSuite, here are some tips and notes on how bill payments sync.
Payments from Oracle NetSuite to Key CashFlow
- Bill Payments don't sync to Key CashFlow from Oracle NetSuite. It's best practice to always enter payments in Key CashFlow and allow them to sync to Oracle NetSuite, even if you made the payment outside of Key CashFlow.
- If you pay a bill outside of Key CashFlow, mark the bill as paid in Key CashFlow and allow that payment to sync into Oracle NetSuite. Recording the payment in Oracle NetSuite first will cause sync errors.
Payments from Key CashFlow to Oracle NetSuite
- Key CashFlow doesn't support departments, locations, and/or classes on bill payments
- When bill payments sync from Key CashFlow to Oracle NetSuite, the payment record uses the classification that's set as the Default Payables classification in Bill.com Preferences within Oracle NetSuite
- To make it easier to reclassify these records as needed, create a department, location, and/or class called Unclassified, Uncoded or something similar, and set that as the Default Payables classification. This will allow you to run a report in Oracle NetSuite to isolate the bill payments that need to be reclassified.