Oracle NetSuite: How vendor credits sync
If you sync with Oracle NetSuite and use vendor credits, here are some tips and notes to help.
From Oracle NetSuite to Key CashFlow
- Only fully unapplied vendor credits will sync to Key CashFlow
From Key CashFlow to Oracle NetSuite
- Key CashFlow only supports classifications in the line items of a vendor credit
- Vendor credits in Oracle NetSuite can be classified both in the general section of the vendor credit, as well as the line items of the vendor credit
- When vendor credits sync from Key CashFlow to Oracle NetSuite, the general section of the vendor credit will use the account that's set as the Default Payables classification in the Key CashFlow Preferences within Oracle NetSuite
- To make it easier to reclassify these records (as needed), create a department, location, and/or class called Unclassified, Uncoded or something similar, and set that as the Default Payables classification. This will allow a report to be run to isolate the vendor credits that need to be reclassified.
- To configure the sync to apply vendor credits in Oracle NetSuite when a period is closed, enable Non-GL Changes to the Accounting Period in Oracle NetSuite:
- Hover over Setup > Accounting, select Manage Accounting Periods
- Select the period in which the vendor credit is dated to edit the base period
- Check Allow Non-G/L Changes
- If Oracle NetSuite’s “Only Sync Approved Bills/Credits” is enabled, vendor credits won't sync to Oracle NetSuite unless the Approval Status of the vendor credit is Approved.
- When vendor credits sync to Oracle NetSuite with this enabled, the status will automatically be set as “Approved” in Oracle NetSuite
- Once a vendor credit is approved in Key CashFlow and syncs to Oracle NetSuite, changes to the approval status won't sync
- The application of vendor credits will only sync from Key CashFlow to Oracle Netsuite as applied when the bill is paid in full. If the bill isn't paid in full, the vendor credit will sync as unapplied.
Account Setup View all
Making Payments View all
Get Paid (Receivables) View all
QuickBooks Online View all
QuickBooks for Windows View all
NetSuite / Intacct View Intacct View NetSuite