Paid bills pending approval
There may be times when a bill pending approval has already been paid. The process of approving bills and the process of scheduling bills for payment are independent of one another. In most instances, a paid bill still requiring approval is due to a user in the Administrator role, which has the added permission to pay unapproved bills, paying a bill before it's been approved. Doing so doesn't remove the approval requirement, assigned approvers will still need to approve the bill.
If you'd like to remind an approver that a bill or credit is waiting on their approval, you can do that right from the bill or credit itself.
- Open the bill or vendor credit
- Under Approvers, select Remind next to the approver you'd like to send a reminder to approve
We'll send the approver an email to remind them that the bill or credit is waiting their review.
Things to know
- If a bill is scheduled for payment or is paid already, it'll remain on the Approver's Approve list until it is approved, denied, or until the approver is removed from the bill
- A payment will go out if an Approver is added after the payment is scheduled since it is the bill that goes through the approval process, not the payment
- Approvals are an internal process and won't stop a payment that is scheduled to be processed