Sage Intacct: Notes and best practices
|Object||Sage Intacct to Key CashFlow||Key CashFlow to Sage Intacct||Known Limitations|
|General||Close Books Date||Yes||No||- When syncing with Sage Intacct at the top level (configuration C or D), best practice is to manually set the Books Closed Date, as only the most recent close date from any entity will sync to Key CashFlow, possibly preventing transactions from another entity from syncing, even if the period isn't closed for that particular entity.|
|Chart of Accounts||Yes||Yes||- Account labels not supported
- 1099 information/flags don't sync between Key CashFlow and Sage Intacct. We recommend managing 1099 information in Sage Intacct directly
- In Sage Intacct, once account numbers are assigned to a chart of account, they can't be changed, so this field is locked on accounts that sync with Sage Intacct, once saved
- DO NOT merge bank type accounts, this will potentially void and reissue payments when synced back to Sage Intacct
|Departments||Yes||Yes||- Key CashFlow uses default Sage Intacct terminology, changes to Sage Intacct terms for Department don't sync over to Key CashFlow (e.g. we always display as "Department" in Key CashFlow)
- Department Groups don't sync
|Projects / Jobs||Yes||No||- Projects / jobs can't be created in Key CashFlow
- Jobs are read-only in Key CashFlow
|Currency||Yes||Yes||- Multi-currency isn't supported. Key CashFlow supports only one currency. By default it's set to USD, but that can be changed in Sync Preferences
- Note: If the Sage Intacct account is a multi-currency account with multiple base currencies enabled, the transaction currency needs to be set to USD in Key CashFlow
|Bank Account Balance||Yes||No||NA|
|Payment Terms||No||No||Payment terms don't sync to/from Sage Intacct|
|Attachments||No||No||Key CashFlow doesn't sync attachments to/from Sage Intacct. Use Key CashFlow to directly upload attachments. If attachments are needed in Sage Intacct, upload in Sage Intacct after each transaction has synced|
|Approvals||No||No||Key CashFlow doesn't sync approvals to/from Sage Intacct. However, the ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to Sage Intacct is available.|
|Payables||Vendors||Yes||Yes||- Tax1099 works differently in Key CashFlow than Sage Intacct. See best practices below to set up 1099 in Key CashFlow with Sage Intacct.
- Key CashFlow uses the Vendor Name for matching, so Name should be unique within Key CashFlow to avoid duplicates
- The sync supports Sage Intacct Inactivates. The sync will inactivate the Vendor in Key CashFlow.
- The sync doesn't support Sage Intacct deletions. The sync won't delete the Vendor in Key CashFlow.
- If the Vendor / Customer Sequence Id preference is set to "Enter ID Manually" in Key CashFlow, vendors created in Key CashFlow must have a valid Vendor ID in order to sync with Intacct
|AP Funds Tranfer||No||Yes||Only one location per Key CashFlow account is supported for funds transfer|
|Bills||Yes, fully unpaid bills only||Yes||- Partially and fully paid bills won't sync from Sage Intacct to Key CashFlow
- When a bill with a voided payment is deleted in Key CashFlow, the deletion can't sync to Sage Intacct - it must be manually reversed in Sage Intacct
- The ability to have ONLY Approved bills sync to Sage Intacct is available
- $0 bills will sync from Key CashFlow to Sage Intacct in the state "No Value"
- Bills entered in Key CashFlow over $10 million dollars will sync into Sage Intacct as $0 bills in the state "No value"
|Bill Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct don't sync to Key CashFlow
- Partial payments: Payments can't be applied to specific bill line items
- Voided payments: To void a payment and use a specific date, perform the void in Sage Intacct first then in Key CashFlow
- The memo field for Offline Payments in Key CashFlow doesn't sync to Sage Intacct
|Vendor Credits||Yes, fully unapplied vendor credits only||Yes||- Sage Intacct doesn't allow us to specify which vendor credit was uage Intacct to Key CashFlow
- The ability to have ONLY Approved Vendor credits sync to Sage Intacct is available
|Purchase Order||Yes, once PO's are converted to unpaid bills||NA||- Purchase orders can't be viewed in Key CashFlow
- Create POs and Receivers in Sage Intacct and convert them to Bills and Vendors. Once converted, the bill and vendor will sync into Key CashFlow
- PO Bills can go through approval workflow and get paid via Key CashFlow
- The PO# must be in the "Reference Number" field of the bill/vendor credit in Sage Intacct. The Purchase Order number will then appear on bills and vendor credits that originated from POs in Sage Intacct
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) shouldn't be edited in Key CashFlow otherwise sync errors will occur
- Bills created from PO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) will duplicate in Key CashFlow if edited in Sage Intacct. If an edit is required in Sage Intacct, the bill should be deleted from Key CashFlow first, then the edit performed in Sage Intacct. The bill will be resynced with the next sync.
|Receivables||Customers||Yes||Yes||- If creating two customers with the same name in Sage Intacct, only the first one will sync to Key CashFlow; the second one will result in a sync error
- Key CashFlow uses the Customer Name for matching, so Name should be unique within Key CashFlow to avoid duplicates
|Invoices||Yes, fully unpaid invoices only||Yes||Key CashFlow supports sales tax as an invoice line item, associated with a sales tax GL account|
|Advanced Sales Tax||NA||NA||Invoices can't be created in Key CashFlow if using advance sales- tax in Sage Intacct. Create invoices in Sage Intacct and the sync will bring them to Key CashFlow for approval and payment
- Sales tax will only populate as a total on the invoice in Bill.com. You can enable Sales Tax, and check mark each line item that needs to be taxed.
|Items||Yes||Yes||- The sync can't bring the Chart of Account and Price fields of Items from Sage Intacct into Key CashFlow or Key CashFlow to Sage Intacct. These fields aren't exposed in the Sage Intacct API.
- Items will only sync if the Order Entry module is enabled in Sage Intacct, the Items dimension is enabled in Key CashFlow, and the XML_Bill.com user has full permissions enabled for Order Entry Module.
|AR Payments||No||Yes||- Payments made in Sage Intacct don't sync to Key CashFlow
- Payments can't be applied to a specific invoice line item
- Voided payments: Payments that have synced and then voided, will generate a sync error instructing the user to manually void in Sage Intacct. The ability to sync the void of a previously-synced AR payment isn't available in the Sage Intacct API.
|Credit Memos||No||No||Credit memos don't sync and need to be manually applied in both Sage Intacct and Key CashFlow|
|AR Funds Transfers||No||Yes||NA|
|AR Payment Convenience Fee||No||Yes||NA|
|Sales Orders||Yes, after SO's are converted to unpaid invoices||NA||- Sales orders can't be viewed in Key CashFlow
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) should not be edited in Key CashFlow otherwise sync errors will occur
- Invoices created from SO's (and synced from Sage Intacct) will duplicate in Key CashFlow if edited in Sage Intacct. If an edit is required in Sage Intacct, the invoice should be deleted from Key CashFlow first, then the edit performed in Sage Intacct. The invoice will be resynced with the next sync.