Payables payment timing
Pay a bill
- Enter details on the bill and schedule a payment (Schedule a payment by 4:00 pm Pacific Time / 7:00 pm Eastern Time, and we'll start working on it on the same bank business day)
- The pay screen will always show an "Arrives by" date for ePayments, and "Est. arrival" date for checks
- Check payments may take longer than 4 bank business days to reach the vendor
- Check arrival dates are always shown as estimates, since we cannot guarantee USPS delivery times
- Bank business days are Monday through Friday (excluding bank holidays)
Things to know
Weekends and holidays do not count in the banking world; if the process date selected is a bank holiday or weekend day, the system will automatically push the process date to the next available bank business day.
- Example: If attempting to schedule a payment on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday), the system will automatically make the process date Friday, which is not a bank holiday
- If a weekend or bank holiday falls within the regular processing time for a payment, the payment will be delayed, since banks do not operate on those days. That delay will be reflected in the "Arrives By" Date.