Payables payment timing
Pay a bill
- Enter details on the bill and schedule a payment (Schedule a payment by 4:00 pm Pacific Time / 7:00 pm Eastern Time, and we'll start working on it on the same bank business day)
- We show an expected arrival date for each payment on the pay screen
- Allow 2-4 bank business days for the ePayment, and 7-10 days for check payment to be delivered to the vendor
- Bank business days are Monday through Friday (excluding bank holidays)
- The Pay screen will always show an Arrives by date for ePayments, and Est. arrival date for checks
- Check arrival dates are always shown as estimates based USPS delivery times, and are out of Key CashFlow's control.
Things to know
Weekends and holidays do not count in the banking world; if the process date selected is a bank holiday or weekend day, the system will automatically push the process date to the next available bank business day.
- Example: If attempting to schedule a payment on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday), the system will automatically make the process date Friday, which is not a bank holiday
- If a weekend or bank holiday falls within the regular processing time for a payment, the payment will be delayed, since banks do not operate on those days. That delay will be reflected in the "Arrives By" Date.