QuickBooks Desktop sync error: There was an error when saving a Accounts list, element "Accounting". QuickBooks error message: An account number must be specified.
Why the sync error occurs
This error occurs when a user requires acount numbers in QuickBooks Desktop and an account is created in Key CashFlow without an account number.
How to fix the sync error
To resolve, edit the account in Key CashFlow to include an account number.
- Select the account name on the sync status page
- Select the edit icon
- Add a unique account number
- Sync again
If account numbers aren't displayed, enable the setting to Show Account Numbers by following these steps in Key CashFlow:
- Select Settings
- Select Preferences under Accounting
- Set the Show Account Numbers toggle to Yes
- Once Show Account Numbers is set to on, follow steps listed above to edit the account number
Account Setup View all
Making Payments View all
Get Paid (Receivables) View all
QuickBooks Online View all
QuickBooks for Windows View all
NetSuite / Intacct View Intacct View NetSuite